Baltimore Education Research Consortium’s Newest Research and Next Generation Plan
The Baltimore Education Research Consortium (BERC) is a research-practice partnership whose mission is to conduct and support high‐quality, policy‐relevant research and analysis that brings the expertise of a broad consortium of partners to bear on questions of critical importance to the welfare of Baltimore’s children.
BERC works collaboratively with City Schools and other city and state agencies, while maintaining an independent voice and is a highly valued contributor to the efforts and public conversation surrounding the education of children in our public schools. BERC’s research findings identify promising practices and shed light on areas needing improvement, allowing school system leaders, parents, and the broader community to capitalize on successes or design practical responses to challenges. The consortium’s work provides the high‐quality, credible research implications needed for community members to advocate for resources and derive the most significant benefit from promising practices or levers for positive change.
Join us for a conversation that will discuss BERC’s decade long study of post-secondary educational and workforce outcomes of Baltimore City high school graduates and recent publication of the Baltimore College Fact Book. The conversation will also focus on the work of BERC over the last 14 years and opportunities for continued impact with the recent expansion of the consortium to include 10 new Maryland colleges and universities. We will hear from:
- Marc L. Stein, Interim Executive Director of the Baltimore Education Research Consortium
- Rachel E. Durham, Associate Professor, Notre Dame of Maryland University
- Theresa D. Jones, Chief Achievement and Accountability Officer, Baltimore City Public Schools
- Glenda Prime, Dean of the School of Education and Urban Studies, Morgan State University
- Christopher Morphew, Dean of the School of Education, Johns Hopkins University
This program is for Maryland Philanthropy Network members only.