Maryland Philanthropy Network welcomes new members each year and we are eager to include you in our network.
We are the region’s premier resource on philanthropy and strive to maximize the impact of your giving on community life through a growing network of diverse, informed and effective philanthropists. Our members come together because they believe their individual giving can be leveraged for greater impact through learning, alignment and collaborative action with other funders and partners across sectors and communities.
Philanthropic organizations meeting the following criteria may be eligible for membership:
- The organization’s purpose for joining Maryland Philanthropy Network is to inform its grantmaking practice and to engage, align and/or collaborate with other funders and partners to leverage the impact of its individual giving.
- Grantmaking is a significant part of the organization's activities, with grants awarded making up at least 50% of the organization's total annual expenditures. (For corporate giving programs, the term "organization" refers to the corporate giving unit, not the entire corporation.)
- The organization accepts applications, within its funding priorities, from the general public and does not restrict its giving solely to subsidiary chapters, member organizations, affiliates or a single institution.
- The organization's source of funding is predominantly private rather than governmental (or meets criteria 5).
- The organization acts as a grantmaking intermediary. Grantmaking intermediary refers to a nonprofit organization that provides products and services to strengthen nonprofits and/or the sector, and works in partnership or affiliation with a foundation or group of funders to do so. Intermediaries typically grant or re-grant on behalf of their foundation partners, both with private and public dollars. This does not include organizations that solely provide fiscal sponsorship.
- Membership by an organization that includes federated funds shall be an institutional membership, not representation for support foundations and philanthropic funds. (e.g. community foundations)
- The organization will not use its membership with Maryland Philanthropy Network to solicit donations.
Please contact Elisabeth Hyleck, Acting President of Maryland Philanthropy Network, for more information on how to become a member.