We are a statewide membership association representing around 110 private and community foundations, intermediaries, corporations, donor advised funds, and public charities. Together we steward more than $9 billion in charitable assets and convene as funders and with partners to promote alignment and action around issues affecting communities across Maryland.
Maryland Philanthropy Network provides the organizing infrastructure to:
- Convene funders and partners to promote alignment and action around issues affecting communities across Maryland.
- Educate and support members with critical information and services to educate, inspire action and inform investment.
- Connect members to philanthropic peers, bringing them together to leverage their individual giving for greater impact.
- Identify emerging issues and develop shared agendas to build stronger communities.
- Extend the capacity of our members – informing grantmaking practice, making peer connections and providing technical assistance to answer questions and meet unique needs.
- Work to tackle Maryland’s most pressing problems, positively changing the lives of the people in our community through partnership with government, business and nonprofit decision makers.
- Represent and connect the philanthropic sector to key audiences, including the media, national organizations, policymakers and the general public.
- Act as a go-to resource on local, state and federal policy issues that promote effective philanthropy and strengthen communities.
- Advocate in member issue areas to inform policymakers and leaders across the State.
- Engage the nonprofit sector, providing targeted programs and workshops that strengthen the connection between philanthropy, nonprofits and social sector innovators.
- Deliver consulting expertise and services ensuring the technical assistance needs of our members are met as part of their membership benefit.
Discounts for Members
Because Maryland Philanthropy Network is a member of the United Philanthropy Forum, our members can take advantage of special rates on many products and services.
- Alliance Magazine - Members are eligible to receive a 20% discount on new print and digital subscriptions to this magazine for philanthropy and social investment worldwide providing news and analysis of what’s happening in the sector.
- Amalgamated Bank - Amalgamated Bank is proud to provide high-quality service and expert financial support to PSOs and their philanthropy members. As America’s socially responsible bank, Amalgamated offers banking and investment products specifically designed for PSOs and foundations to help align your money with your mission. Members can access free or discounted banking, along with a preferred private banker.
- The Chronicle of Philanthropy - Provides foundation executives, board members, nonprofit professionals, and others with the indispensable information and practical advice they need to help them change the world. Members are eligible to receive a 10% discount on a site license to The Chronicle of Philanthropy.
- The Foundation Review - Members get a 20% subscription discount on the first peer-reviewed journal of philanthropy, written by and for foundation staff and boards and those who work with them. Each quarterly issue provides peer-reviewed reports about the field of philanthropy.
- Foundation Legal Help Desk - The Help Desk is designed to provide foundations with access to answers to legal questions related to the operations of a foundation.
- Inside Philanthropy - Members get a discount of 25% off the subscription price for new subscriptions. Every day, Inside Philanthropy editors and journalists seek to bring more transparency and accountability to philanthropy at a time that it's having a growing impact on America and the world through their reporting.
- RingCentral - Members can save 15% on RingCentral’s comprehensive VOIP phone system, webinars, and audio and video conferences that can be managed from any computer or smartphone. Connect all your employees and locations on the same phone system and take your business anywhere with free phone and desktop apps.
- Stanford Social Innovation Review - For a discounted price members can subscribe to Stanford Social Innovation Review (SSIR), whose mission is to advance, educate, and inspire the field of social innovation by seeking out, cultivating, and disseminating the best in research- and practice-based knowledge.
For more information on any member benefits, please contact Rahmirah Gardner, Member Services Manager.