We are a statewide membership association representing more than 130 private and community foundations, intermediaries, corporations, donor advised funds and public charities. Together we steward more than $9 billion in charitable assets and convene as funders and with partners to promote alignment and action around issues affectings communities across Maryland.
The Maryland Philanthropy Network provides the organizing infrastructure to:
- Convene funders and partners to promote alignment and action around issues affecting communities across Maryland.
- Educate and support members with critical information and services to educate, inspire action and inform investment.
- Connect members to philanthropic peers, bringing them together to leverage their individual giving for greater impact.
- Identify emerging issues and develop shared agendas to build stronger communities.
- Extend the capacity of our members – informing grantmaking practice, making peer connections and providing technical assistance to answer questions and meet unique needs.
- Work to tackle Maryland’s most pressing problems, positively changing the lives of the people in our community through partnership with government, business and nonprofit decision makers.
- Represent and connect the philanthropic sector to key audiences, including the media, national organizations, policymakers and the general public.
- Act as a go-to resource on local, state and federal policy issues that promote effective philanthropy and strenthen communities.
- Advocate in member issue areas to inform policymakers and leaders across the State.
- Engage the nonprofit sector, providing targeted programs and workshops that strengthen the connection between philanthropy, nonprofits and social sector innovators.
- Deliver consulting expertise and services ensuring the technical assistance needs of our members are met as part of their membership benefit.