Re-Connecting Baltimore’s Youth to Education, Jobs and Brighter Futures
Baltimore is home to 18,000 disconnected youth – young people ages 16 to 24 who are neither working nor in school.
Several organizations are working collaboratively to create new paths to opportunity for these young people.
Please join us for a stimulating forum with workforce development leaders, policy experts and youth leaders to explore what works and how to strengthen Baltimore’s approach.
- Simran Sidhu, YouthBuild Philadelphia
- Ranita Jain, Aspen Institute Workforce Strategies Initiative
- Shawnice Jackson, National Council of Young Leaders
- Tomi Hiers, Baltimore’s Promise
9:30 a.m.: Registration and networking
10 a.m. – 11:45 a.m.: Program
Read two recent reports and “A Call to Action” about Baltimore’s disconnected youth
This Forum is free and open to the public. Free parking is available.
- Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Baltimore’s Promise
- Baltimore Metropolitan Council
- Baltimore Workforce Funders Collaborative
- Job Opportunities Task Force