Advancing Racial Equity in Maternal and Child Health
Maternal and child health outcomes are determined by a complex series of social and environmental factors. As well, disparities in maternal and child health outcomes exist along racial and socioeconomic lines.
Join the B’more for Healthy Babies (BHB) team for a conversation about advancing maternal and child health by addressing root causes of health inequities. This conversation will include a racial equity and maternal and child health grounding, followed by an overview of the BHB 5-year Strategy Update for 2019 – 2024, and a discussion about the collective impact strategy to reduce infant mortality in Baltimore City.
Our speakers will be:
- Rebecca Dineen, Assistant Commissioner of Maternal and Child Health, Baltimore City Health Department
- Cathy Costa, Infant Mortality and Child Fatality Review Director, Baltimore City Health Department
- Tausi Suedi, Maternal Child Health Deputy Director, Health Care Access Maryland
- Khalilah Slater Harrington, Chief Program Officer, Family League of Baltimore
- Tiffany Davenport, Senior Director of Data and Policy, Baltimore’s Promise
This program is for Maryland Philanthropy Network members and invited guests only; lunch will be served.
Please note the Latrobe Building has implemented a new front door security system, click here for entrance instructions.