Supporting an Innovative and Inclusive Arts Community: Lessons from the Field
The arts in Maryland provide countless opportunities for learning, cultural enrichment, and community impact. Major cultural institutions and burgeoning small and mid-sized cultural institutions are working to be relevant and attractive to diverse audiences, while oftentimes vying for the same limited resources.
Please join a moderated panel discussion where participants will learn about and discuss:
- How large, mid-size and small, cultural institutions deploy responsiveness, inclusivity, and audience development in their curation and season planning;
- How these cultural institutions currently experience and navigate the funding landscape;
- Lessons/insights from the field about what works, what hasn’t; and
- How local funders can help catalyze collaborations and national support.
Our speakers will be:
- Michael Ross, Executive Director, and Stephanie Ybarra, Artistic Director, Baltimore Center Stage;
- David Mitchell, Managing Director, Arena Players, Inc.;
- Kevin McAllister, Artistic Director, ArtsCentric; and
- Christopher Bedford, Dorothy Wagner Wallis Director, Baltimore Museum of Art.
Other panelists will be announced soon.
Moderated by Jessica Solomon, Vice President, Robert W. Deutsch Foundation.
This program is for Maryland Philanthropy Network members only. Lunch will be served.