Maryland Aging Innovations Group 2023 Summit: Aging Together in Maryland
Please join Maryland Philanthropy Network’s Maryland Aging Innovations Group for the 2023 Summit to encourage Maryland’s commitment to develop a multisector plan for aging that will engage and impact all Maryland residents. Along with sharing the local ‘age-friendly’ framework urban and rural Area Agencies on Aging are implementing; participants will hear about New York’s innovative efforts in creating a state-wide resource that transforms the infrastructure and coordination of services for a rapidly aging population and people with disabilities. We’ll end with inspirational Creative Arts Projects for older adults!
After three years, we are delighted to offer this event in-person at the beautiful Vollmer Center at Cylburn Arboretum.
Our Agenda Will Include:
Remarks by State Leaders:
- Maryland Secretary of Health, Dr. Laura Herrera-Scott
- Maryland Secretary of Aging, Carmel Roques
Keynote Speaker: Elana Kieffer, MBA, New York Academy of Medicine
Ms. Kieffer will share the efforts to develop a multisector plan for aging in New York state.
Panel: Area Aging Agency Directors will share Age-Friendly efforts in their counties:
- Laura Riley, Director, Baltimore County Department of Aging
- Odile Brunetto, Chief, Montgomery County Aging and Disabilities Services, and Shawn Brennan, Program Manager, Age-Friendly Montgomery County.
- Paula Erdie, LCSW-C, CEO, Maintaining Active Citizens (MAC), Inc. in Wicomico, Somerset, Worcester, and Dorchester Counties
Creative Aging Project Highlights:
- Steven Skerritt-Davis, Executive Director, and Elizabeth Morales, Arts in Education Program Director, with Maryland State Arts Council will highlight their Creative Arts Projects for older adults they have funded.
- Featured guest artists: Tavish Forsyth, a theater teaching artist, and Lauren Latessa, cellist, Director of Iris Music Project.
Continental breakfast and Lunch will be served. Social Work CEU’s will be offered.
This event is for members of Maryland Philanthropy Network and Maryland Aging Innovations Group invited guests.
Registration is now full. Please click here to add your name to the Wait List.
Because of these generous sponsors, this event is free for attendees:
FIND MORE BY: