Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis
We are monitoring resources and information on how philanthropy can help with the escalating Ukraine humanitarian crisis, and will share those with you as they come in. Here are a few resources and response funds we’d like to highlight:
- Our colleagues at the Center for Disaster Philanthropy have developed a Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis page with some initial information for funders to keep in mind on how they can help, and they note that they will continue to update this information as needed come into greater focus. CDP has also established the Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis Recovery Fund, which will focus on addressing humanitarian needs that arise, particularly among the most vulnerable, marginalized and at-risk internally-displaced peoples (IDPs) and refugees.
- The Philanthropy Europe Foundation (Philea) is tracking information and responses to the crisis here.
- Council on Foundation's Webinar Funders' Response to the Ukraine Humanitarian Crisis
- Statements by Council on Foundation's Members and Partners: Charles Stewart Mott Foundation; Open Society Foundations; Charity & Security Network, MacArthur Foundation
- Alex Toma, Peace and Security Funders: "The War in Ukraine Requires a Major Philanthropic Response and Overall Increase in Peace and Security Funding"
- Devex has an update on Ukraine’s looming humanitarian crisis.
- Call for Relief Funds, United Nations
- Crowdsourced Resources from EDGE Funders, Ariadne, and Gener Funders Co-Lab
- How companies are responding to the war in Ukraine
- Council Disaster Grantmaking: Foundations can access Disaster Grantmaking Resources to understand how to effectively respond to a disaster.
- USAID Ukraine Disaster Response
As various local, state, regional, and philanthropic institutions establish response funds, we will keep this information up to date.
- CARE has established a Ukraine Crisis Fund to reach 4 million with immediate aid and recovery, food, water, hygiene kits, psychosocial support, and cash assistance - prioritizing women and girls, families, and the elderly.
- The International Committee of the Red Cross is seeking donations to support its work to respond to the Ukraine crisis.
- CAF America
- Center for Disaster Philanthropy
- Combined Jewish Philanthropies of Greater Boston
- Direct Relief
- Fund for Ukrainian civil society, led b Ednannia, the Ukrainian network of community foundations
- Global Fund for Children
- List of Ukrainian-based feminist, queer, youth, disability, and Roma organizations you can donate to directly
- King Baudouin Foundation US
- TrustBridge Global
- UN Foundation
- Ukraine Humanitarian Fund (GoFundMe, State Department, GlobalGiving and others)
- Urgent Action Fund for Women's Human Rights
If you know of other helpful information or resources, please feel free to share them with Charlotte Haase at firstname.lastname@example.org.