Hurricane Dorian Relief Resources
The United Philanthropy Forum has compiled a list of resources for relief efforts for Hurricane Dorian to support those who have been impacted. Please be sure to share the resources with your members to support the communities during these trying times.
- The Center for Disaster Philanthropy has created a Hurricane Dorian disaster profile can be found here, which provides updates on the storm as well as information on the areas of greatest need.
- The Disaster Philanthropy Playbook is a compilation of philanthropic strategies, promising practices and lessons learned that help communities be better prepared when a disaster strikes their community. In particular, it is aimed at helping philanthropic organizations and individual donors be more strategic with their investments and recognize the importance of supporting long-term recovery for vulnerable populations.
- North Carolina Network of Grantmakers has a resource page that will be updated with more information as Hurricane Dorian approaches North Carolina.
- The Jessie Ball duPont Fund resource Creating Order from Chaos: Roles for Philanthropy in Disaster Planning and Response provides a framework for steps that can be taken for philanthropy to respond to disasters.
- The Center for Disaster Philanthropy has launched the CDP 2019 Atlantic Hurricane Season Recovery Fund to support communities that will be affected by Hurricane Dorian. This fund focuses on medium- and long-term recovery, with the understanding that individuals and communities will need the support of private philanthropy for months or years as they navigate the road to recovery.
- The New York Times has released an article sharing multiple ways to help Hurricane Dorian Survivors in the Bahamas.
- Charity Navigator has created a list of high-rated organizations providing aid and relief for Hurricane Dorian for both short-term and long-term relief.
- The Miami Foundation has a Hurricane Dorian relief page with a number of relief and recovery resources.
- The Community Foundation of Palm Beach and Martin Counties has a fund that a donor will contribute matching dollars to support the Bahamas.