The Community Foundation of Anne Arundel County 2023 Celebration of Philanthropy Awardees
The Community Foundation of Anne Arundel County announce the recipients of the 2023 Celebration of Philanthropy Awards. A committee of past Celebration of Philanthropy Award winners, CFAAC staff and board members selected the following nine award recipients:
- Philanthropists of the Year Award: Mike and Trish Davis, nominated by the Maryland League of Conservation Voters Education Fund
- Corporate Philanthropist of the Year: M & T Bank, nominated by the Anne Arundel County Food Bank and the YWCA of Annapolis & Anne Arundel
- Volunteer of the Year: R. Scott Gregory, nominated by Books for International Goodwill
- Young Volunteers of the Year: Indu Bodala, nominated by the Anne Arundel County Public Schools and Andrew Nolan, nominated by the Marshall Hope Corporation
- Carroll H. Hynson, Jr. Award for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in Philanthropy: Maurice B. Tosé, nominated by the Caucus of African American Leaders
- Boots on the Ground Award: Peter Summers, nominated by the Boys & Girls Clubs of Annapolis & Anne Arundel County Inc.
- Carol Thompson Lifetime Achievement Award: Michael J. Ragland Sr., nominated by Langton Green
- Legacy Award for Planned Giving: The Estate of Dr. Michael J. Kurtz, nominated by the Wellness House of Annapolis
This year, CFAAC will also honor Larry Clark with the Celebration of Philanthropy Award for his philanthropic work and dedication in Anne Arundel County. This prestigious award has only been awarded three times in the history of this event to individuals whose extraordinary lifetime commitment to philanthropy has had a direct and lasting effect on our community. Clark’s contributions of financial support through the Deerbrook Charitable Trust has had a transformational impact on multiple nonprofits in Anne Arundel County.
Source: The Community Foundation of Anne Arundel County