2021 Giving Circle Gathering: We’re all in this Together
Giving circle leaders are invited to the twelfth annual Giving Circle Connector Gathering. The dozens of giving circles in our region will gather virtually to connect and learn from one another about a variety of issues important to giving circles.
This year's theme will be “We’re all in this Together” with a special presentation by Sara Lomelin, Executive Director of Philanthropy Together focused on leading a movement to diversify and democratize philanthropy and support Race Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion work within giving circles.
Why: The landscape of philanthropy is shifting, and collective giving will continue to play a transformational role. Our region is home to dozens of giving circles that benefit from connecting to and learning from one another about a variety of issues important to the region's giving circle community.
What: As in the past, the Gathering will provide time, via breakout rooms, for networking and conversation about resources and best practices on how to sustain, nurture and grow giving circles.
Who: The gathering is open to leaders and professional staff of existing giving circles and host organizations based in the mid-Atlantice region only. Registration is limited.
You must have a website account to register for events. Those who are not MPN members or do not already have a website account will need to request an account. Once the account has been approved, you will receive another e-mail containing information about how to set your password and log in to register for events. Please allow time for this process.
Our 2021 Gathering Planning Team:
- Elisabeth Hyleck, Maryland Philanthropy Network
- Jennifer Millman, Jewish Women's Giving Foundation
- Buffy Beaudoin-Schwartz, Women’s Giving Circle of Howard County
11:00 AM | Welcome
11:15 AM | Plenary Address - Sara Lomelin
11:40 AM | Breakout Discussion (Please indicate preference during registration)
- Incorporating an Equity Lens in Grantmaking
- Member Engagement, Recruitment & Retention during COVID
- Educating Circle Members and the Public
- Diversifying your circle – What does that mean? To what end?
- Art and Science of meeting virtually
- Using technology for your circle’s work
- How has COVID affected your circle?
12:20 PM | Closing