Maryland Philanthropy Network Advocacy Day in Annapolis
Join the Maryland Philanthropy Network for our 2020 Advocacy Day in Annapolis. This trip to Annapolis is an opportunity for Maryland Philanthropy Network members to learn how they can impact systems-change by observing the legislative session, learning about the legislative process firsthand, building relationships with legislators, and educating members of the legislature.
Maryland Philanthropy Network members will be encouraged to educate state representatives on their legislative priorities and MPN’s 2020 Legislative Priorities.
To learn more about a Foundation’s ability to engage in advocacy click here!
We will be organizing a carpool to travel to Annapolis.
- 7:30 AM – Meet at MPN to Carpool to Annapolis
- 9:00 - 9:20 AM – Mini Legislative Training
- 9:30 - 9:45 AM – Greet legislators and pass out trading cards in front of the State House OR observe session from State House balcony
- 10:00 - 10:30 AM – Tour of Department of Legislative Services, Committee Rooms, and Delegate Offices
- 10:30 - 11:15 AM – Legislator meetings
- 11:20 AM – Debrief