Kaiser Permanente and Baltimore - Building Total Health Together
Kaiser Permanente's mission is improving the total health of the members and communities it serves. In addition to world-class care and coverage, that also requires meaningful community partnerships, dialogue and advocacy. Through its 2016 community health needs assessment (CHNA) process, Kaiser Permanente identified opportunities and needs in Baltimore's most vulnerable communities by collecting solution-oriented data from more than 400 trusted institutions. This approach is designed to integrate education and social action to improve health equity and reduce health disparities.
Kaiser Permanente has expanded its commitment to Baltimore City, deepening and advancing investments in economic, social and behavioral health needs to realize its vision of 'total health for all.' Please join us to hear from Celeste James, Maritha Gay, and Destiny-Simone Ramjohn about Kaiser Permanente's investment strategy in Baltimore City and opportunities for collaboration.
Maryland Philanthropy Network members will have a better understanding of:
1. Kaiser Permanente's dual mission of caring for members and the communities it serves and its Total Health investment strategy for Baltimore.
2. Key learnings from Kaiser Permanente's recent Community Health Needs Assessment, which offers a deep analysis of the most pressing needs facing Baltimore communities
3. Kaiser Permanente’s commitment to Baltimore, particularly to address upstream social non-medical determinants of health.
4. How ongoing, authentic community engagement informs Kaiser Permanente’s work to ensure it fulfills community needs.
5. The measurement, investment, and innovation strategies Kaiser Permanente will implement in 2017 and beyond to address the challenges and opportunities identified in the most recent CHNA.
6. What other Baltimore funders are doing and opportunities for collaboration with Kaiser Permanente.
This program is for Maryland Philanthropy Network members and invited guests only.
FIND MORE BY: