Impact Investing: Setting the Stage, A National Perspective on Impact Investing
What is impact investing and why would a foundation want to carry this out? In this first program of a five-part series on impact investing, participants will learn about the spectrum of investing for mission that foundations across the country are using to think about and build impact investing programs.
Foundation leaders and practitioners from all types and sizes of foundations are invited to learn how the movement began and how is it evolving, understand the impact investing community and how it is growing, and hear about new and innovative approaches being developed by advanced impact investors of all sizes. You will learn how one of the nation’s leading impact investing foundations, Annie E. Casey Foundation, has built and developed their program over time.
Other topics will include:
- Strategies that foundations are using to begin to build their programs
- Challenges that foundations face in beginning and carrying out a program
- Resources available to you and your foundation
Through the course of the series you will have time with fellow Maryland Philanthropy Network members and members of the national network Mission Investors Exchange to understand the landscape of collective efforts regionally and nationally and how you, too, can take part in one of the fastest growing, most promising movements in philanthropy today.
Make the most of your assets! Register today.
Five sessions will be offered throughout 2017
1. Setting the Stage: A National Perspective on Impact Investing
2. Laying the Groundwork: A Local Perspective on Impact Investing
3. Opportunities for Project Based Investments
4. Opportunities for Asset Based Investments
5. Measuring Success for Individuals, Communities and Institutions
Maryland Philanthropy Network Members: $0
MIE Members: $120 (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for promotion code)
Non-Member Grantmakers = $150
Breakfast and registration will begin at 8:30 am.