Facing the Investment Challenge: 2011 and Beyond
Maryland Philanthropy Network Members receive $100 discount to this Council on Foundations two-day investment seminar.
Fee for COF/Maryland Philanthropy Network Members: $ 545 ($425 early bird rate)
To Register: Download the registration form.
This program will make the complex world of markets and economy easy to comprehend and follow. The discussion will focus on demystifying a variety of macroeconomic trends, identifying new opportunities and uncovering potential threats that sometimes confound us and other times, lead us in the wrong direction. While the world of investing can be daunting, an understanding of factors that affect the markets can lessen some of the anxieties and apprehensions. These issues have challenged foundation leadership throughout this decade, and most recently in 2008.This discussion will help foundation leaders and their committees find answers to questions they have. A must-attend for both the novice and the expert!
What You Will Learn
- New investment opportunities and ways to uncover potential threats that confound decision-makers or lead to missteps
- Important factors that sway the markets and influence investment decisions
- Emerging investment issues and trends
Who Should Attend
- Forward-thinking foundation executives
- Trustees concerned with safeguarding their foundation's future
- Officers actively engaged in assessing investment management practices
- New and experienced foundation leaders, volunteers and consultants
Why You Should Attend
- To gain proven tools and practices for investing well now and in future.
- To engage in interactive sessions that encourage vigorous dialogue on allocating assets strategically, evaluate investments and investment advisors, assess internal fiduciary governance standards, and identify new investment frontiers.
Find out the latest with the downloadable agenda.
- Kristen L. Conte, Vice President for Finance and Administration, Meyer Foundation
- Daniel Rader, Senior Counsel and Director, Council on Foundations
- Arun Sardana, Senior Vice President of Investments and Institutional Consultant, USB International Consulting Group
- R. Michael Sorrells, National Director of Nonprofit Tax Services, BDO USA, LLP
- Art Stevens, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, Calvert Foundation
- William L. Sutton Jr., Executive Director and Head of Philanthropic Services, U.S., UBS Financial Services Inc.
- Reiner M. Triltsch, Chief Investment Officer, Managing Director, Executive Vice President and Portfolio Manager Wentworth, Hauser and Violich Investment Counsel
- Robert L. Worthington, President, Hatteras Funds
Continuing Professional Education Credits:
CPAs will earn 10 CPE credits by attending this live-group event. This seminar is intended for new, intermediate and advanced learners from all types of grantmaking foundations and corporate giving programs. No prerequisites are required. No advanced preparation is needed.