COVID-19 and the Impact on 2020 Census Outreach: Shifting tactics to get out the count
This webinar will feature state practitioners who will share how COVID-19 and the Census Bureau’s adjusted operational timeline are impacting 2020 Census outreach. Learn what these shifts mean in terms of immediate needs for census organizations’ programs, operations, and staff. Understand creative approaches to reach historically undercounted communities and how census engagement can support long-term capacity building.
- Meeta Anand, Census 2020 Senior Fellow, New York Immigration Coalition
- Diali Avila, Senior Field Manager, Leadership Conference Education Fund
- Amanda Frickle, Executive Director, Montana Voices
- Florencia Gutierrez, Senior Research Associate, Policy Reform and Advocacy, Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Elena Langworthy, Senior Manager of Policy, State Voices
- Rachel Mayes, Executive Director, Southern Echo
- Jennifer Wells, Executive Director, Our Future West Virginia
Moderator: Jocelyn Bissonnette, Director of the Funders Census Initiative, Funders’ Committee for Civic Participation (FCCP)
Cosponsors: ABFE, Chesapeake Bay Funders Network, Connecticut Council for Philanthropy, Council on Foundations, Economic Opportunity Funders, Florida Philanthropic Network, Forefront, Funders for LGBTQ Issues, Funders Together to End Homelessness, Grantmakers Concerned with Immigrants and Refugees, Grantmakers Council of Rhode Island, Grantmakers In Health, Hispanics in Philanthropy, Maryland Philanthropy Network, Minnesota Council of Foundations, National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy, NY Funder Alliance, Philanthropy California, Philanthropy Colorado, Philanthropy Massachusetts, Philanthropy Network Greater Philadelphia, Philanthropy New York, Philanthropy Northwest, Sustainable Agriculture & Food Systems Funders, United Philanthropy Forum
This webinar is for philanthropic institutions only: foundations, philanthropy serving organization, donor advisors, etc.