Advancing Racial Equity in Grantmaking
Maryland Philanthropy Network is pleased to host our annual training for funders, Advancing Racial Equity in Grantmaking, in partnership with ABFE: A Philanthropic Partnership for Black Communities.
- Have a greater understanding of key concepts and definitions for race, racism and racial equity;
- Have a greater understanding of Responsive Philanthropy in Black Communities (RPBC) framework and three specific tools used to support racial equity in grantmaking. This will include a “test-drive” of two tools (What’s Race got to Do With It? and the Racial Equity Impact Analysis); and
- Identify how to apply the RPBC tools and framework in their work.
This training, derived from the Race Matters Toolkit, presents a valuable framework that has guided and informed Maryland Philanthropy Network’s work since it was first offered to our Board, Staff and Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee in April 2013.
This training works toward one goal outlined in Maryland Philanthropy Network’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Policy: Maryland Philanthropy Network will provide learning resources and support for member organizations seeking to increase diversity, racial equity, and inclusiveness in their own programs, activities, outreach, staffing, governance, and grantmaking.
Our trainers will be Anthony Simmons and Edward Jones, ABFE: A Philanthropic Partnership for Black Communities.
We recognize this is a considerable time commitment and also ask participants to commit to attend the entire time. Space is limited!
This program is for Maryland Philanthropy Network members and other grantmakers only; continental breakfast and lunch will be served. Due to the interactive nature of this training, remote participation is not available.
- Maryland Philanthropy Network Members, there is no charge to attend. Please sign in to register at no charge.
- Non-member grantmakers are invited to attend this workshop for a fee of $100.00. Fee is $85 if you register before September 30, 2019. Please click here to log in/create an account.