Maryland Philanthropy Network Goes to Annapolis
This is an opportunity for Maryland Philanthropy Network members to participate in the legislative session and learn about the legislative process first hand. The purpose of Maryland Philanthropy Network Goes to Annapolis is for an educational experience with your peers.
The goals of the day are that Maryland Philanthropy Network members will:
- Gain a sense of the scope and scale of the legislative process in Maryland;
- Learn about the legislative process and participate in session; and
- Learn more about the role of philanthropy in public policy.
This is not an issue focused day in Annapolis, rather a day for broader education and learning about the legislative process
- 9:45 AM – Meet at the State House
- 10:00 AM – 11:15 AM - Maryland Philanthropy Network Members will be announced on the floor and watch session in progress
- 11:15 AM – 1:00 PM – Gather in Room 145 in the House of Delegates Building for lunch and Maryland Philanthropy Network conversation: a public policy primer and the role of philanthropy in public policy
- 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM - Participate in hearings (schedule will be shared once it is announced)
Maryland Philanthropy Network will coordinate transportation/carpooling once registrations are received.
This program is for Maryland Philanthropy Network members only. Lunch will be provided. Remote participation is not available.