VP and Chief Development Officer
Sheppard Pratt’s impact spans hospitals, special education schools, residential programs, outpatient centers, and more. We are mission-driven and create an environment where our employees can explore what motivates them both professionally and personally. Through continuing education, tuition reimbursement, and career development programs, we partner with our employees to facilitate growth opportunities that put purpose to work.
Since our founding in 1853, Sheppard Pratt has been transforming care and leading the way, creating a mental health continuum that advances the field on a national level. We are seeking an experienced Philanthropy Leader to drive Sheppard Pratt’s ability to provide life-changing care.
We invite bold, forward-thinking leaders who feel drawn to the Sheppard Pratt mission to apply. The time is now to put mental health in the spotlight and to position Sheppard Pratt as the preeminent national leader on behavioral healthcare. Sheppard Pratt recently completed a $100 million comprehensive campaign and is embarking on the next phase to raise another $250 million, with a focus on youth mental health.
What can you expect?
Utilizing your deep experience building long-lasting donor relationships, you will guide Sheppard Pratt’s ambitious goals to not only benefit the community, but to build the behavioral healthcare system of the future.
You will provide leadership and direction to the Development Team, focusing on operational improvement, fundraising strategies focused on longevity, and growth of our donor portfolio.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing and implementing forward-thinking strategic and operational goals for the Development Team.
- Developing, engaging, and nurturing a diverse pool of donors who have the capacity to give not only today, but also in the future.
- Providing strategic direction to growing our portfolio of corporate partnerships.
- Building upon Sheppard Pratt’s flagship donor programs, including the 1853 Society and estate planning.
- Providing analysis and reporting for planning and budgeting purposes.
Sheppard Pratt’s current philanthropic efforts also include annual fundraising events that spotlight and support mental and behavioral healthcare. In this role, you will be a part of a continual effort to develop large-scale, impactful events such as:
What you’ll get from us.
At Sheppard Pratt, you can expect:
- A generous compensation package with comprehensive benefits and ample leave
- Retirement savings plan with employer match
- And more!
What we need from you.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 10 years of direct fundraising experience, with 5 years of comprehensive development management experience
- A background in healthcare fundraising in preferred
Click here to submit an application on Sheppard Pratt's careers website.