The Baltimore Civic Fund, Inc. [formerly Baltimore City Foundation], is committed to enhancing the quality of life for the citizens of Baltimore city. The Civic Fund enables the Baltimore City government to raise philanthropic resources that promote many of its health and human services priorities. In conducting activities for the support of the city, and in receiving charitable contributions from private sources, the Civic Fund serves to promote public/private collaboration.
We are currently seeking an experienced and detail-oriented Staff Accountant to maintain our financial records. You must be familiar with full cycle accounting and understand all the processes and documents necessary to produce financial statements for a reporting period. Other job duties include reconciling bank and credit card statements, tracking fixed assets, assisting with payroll, and preparing tax returns. Our ideal candidate has at least one year of professional accounting experience and is proficient with Blackbaud Financial Edge NXT software, the Google suite of products as well as Microsoft Excel.
Staff Accountant Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare consolidated internal and external financial statements by analyzing information from the general ledger system and department heads
- Maintain and balance an automated consolidation system
- Analyze and verify information by creating spreadsheet reports
- Prepare general ledger entries by maintaining and recording and files
- Prepare payments by accruing expenses and assigning account numbers when needed
- Request disbursements and reconcile accounts
- Analyze current procedures and recommend changes to develop and implement best practice accounting procedures
- Provide accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information
Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred
- 2+ years of professional accounting experience
- Proficient with Blackbaud Financial Edge or similar accounting software Google suite and Microsoft Excel
- Vendor and customer reconciliations experience
- Strict attention to detail, highly organized, and efficient
- Strong communication skills
Please submit your email and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subtitle Staff Accountant. No Phone Calls Please.