Program Assistant, Leadership Development
The Annie E. Casey Foundation is dedicated to building a brighter future for millions of children at risk of poor educational, economic, social and health outcomes. The Foundation’s work focuses on strengthening families, building stronger communities and ensuring access to opportunity because children need all three to succeed. Casey advances research and solutions to overcome barriers to success, help communities demonstrate what works and influence decision makers to invest in strategies based on solid evidence.
At Casey, you will find a dynamic environment with staff of diverse backgrounds and perspectives who share a deep commitment to advancing the Foundation’s mission.
The Foundation is seeking a program assistant to support and advance the Foundation’s leadership development strategy. Program assistants are appointed for one year, renewable for up to an additional two years based on satisfactory performance. This is not a permanent position and will not be extended beyond three years. Program assistants are only eligible to apply for regular positions at the Foundation after serving a minimum of one year in their role.
As a program assistant, you will be responsible for:
- documenting preparatory meetings and program seminars;
- collecting, inputting and analyzing data relevant to Results Count® programs;
- organizing documents and materials to be accessible to participants and faculty;
- assisting with technology needs in virtual meetings and seminars;
- preparing meeting and seminar materials;
- managing program logistics.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- A bachelor’s degree in public or urban policy, criminal or social justice, human services, social work or a related field.
- Very strong written, verbal and listening skills
- The ability to independently manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and accountability
- Strong interpersonal skills and an interest in supporting social sector leaders
- Willingness to travel
- A learner’s stance with a strong interest in building one’s own leadership development skills
Please submit your resume and a cover letter describing how you fit the qualifications above, why you are the best person for this job and why working for the Foundation as a program assistant interest you. The Foundation will not consider resumes submitted without a cover letter. Read the full job description attached.
We have implemented a Covid-19 vaccine mandate which requires employees to be vaccinated as a condition of employment unless they have a medical or religious exemption. If offered the position, you will be required to provide evidence that you are fully vaccinated.