Who we are:
For nearly 100 years, the Straus Foundation has been a small but mighty force in Baltimore. When founded by Aaron and Lillie Straus in 1926, the intent of the Foundation was to support Jewish immigrants and to connect children in Baltimore to opportunities that would build strong futures. Since that time, we have held firm to the vision of our founders, while also being responsive to opportunities for impact in our community. Our program areas include supporting immigration services and advocacy, access to health, mental health and reproductive rights, social innovation and leadership, and Jewish community services.
The Operations Manager will keep the Straus Foundation running by joining our team of three. They will handle key administrative tasks, manage payroll, prepare financial documents and work with our accountants, interface with our investment team and perform other essential tasks on the operations side of the organization.
Specific tasks include:
- Manage and maintain checking account and main investment accounts
- Work with accountants to ensure all accounts are up to date
- Process payroll and manage other benefits such as retirement benefit accounts
- Prepare end of year financial documents to support our accountants and investment advisors
- Manage payment of office bills
- Schedule annual board meetings and coordinate activities with the board
- Compile and distribute materials for board meetings
- Assist in preparation and planning for meetings and convenings
- Receive and process general office communications (mail, phone, voicemail)
- Prepare checks for grants
Successful candidates will have:
- At least five years of commensurate experience, including working with financials or accounting
- Strong administrative, organizational and communication skills
- The ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- A desire to learn an organization from the inside-out
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Quickbooks
- Demonstrated ability to be detail oriented
- Interest in having a positive impact on Baltimore
Benefits include a salary range of $70K-$80K per year, PTO, sick time, retirement benefits, and health insurance.
This role is full time, provides a flexible schedule and includes the ability to work in a hybrid environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we will not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetic information.
To apply please include a resume and cover letter to Molly Doran at email@example.com.