The Baltimore City Foundation is committed to enhancing the quality of life for the citizens of Baltimore. Our vision is for all Baltimoreans to have access to the critical assets, resources, and opportunities necessary to ensure the long-term health of Baltimore’s residents and communities.
The Foundation serves as a fiscal agent for the City of Baltimore, a capacity builder for city agencies and community-based organizations, and a funder with a focus on equitable, innovative, and community-driven grantmaking. The Foundation is uniquely positioned at the intersection of government and philanthropy, and aims to use this position to facilitate citywide collaboration and promote public-private partnerships. In the fall of 2017, the Foundation embarked on a strategic planning process to evaluate and redefine its vision, mission, and determine its role as a funder in Baltimore’s philanthropic landscape.
The City Foundation is seeking a Grants Manager to assist with the Foundation’s restructuring and facilitate the processing and updating current grant accounts held at the Foundation.
Infrastructure Development: In accordance with the Foundation’s restructuring, the Grants Manager will be responsible for working alongside Foundation and key government staff to build out internal infrastructure needed for the Foundation to serve as a fiscal agent and grants manager.
Fiscal Agent Management: As the Foundation undertakes a greater role as a fiscal agent with the City of Baltimore, the Grants Manager will work with the Foundation’s Accounts Manager to assist with the tracking, monitoring, and evaluation of public and private grants. The Grants Manager will also be responsible for various administrative activities, archival and compliance work, and due diligence regarding the Foundation’s 100+ accounts with the City of Baltimore.
Grantmaking: The Grants Manager will assist in the design and implementation of the Foundation’s grantmaking programs and program-related activities. The Foundation aims to engage in equitable and innovative grantmaking, and the Grants Manager will have the opportunity to work thoughtfully to build and execute a program that reflects these goals.
Qualifications and Attributes
- An understanding of the history of Baltimore, the city’s challenges and opportunities, and the role of the social sector in the city.
- Experience with grants management work, including compliance, due diligence, and all activities needed to successfully execute and evaluate grants from both public and private funders.
- Ability to “wear multiple hats”. This position requires an entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative mindset.
- Experience with systems development and implementation.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong program management skills and organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, and program development.
- Previous foundation or government experience helpful.
Salary commensurate with experience. The Foundation also offers a competitive benefits package.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with GRANT MANAGER JOB as the subject.