Established in 1983, the Venable Foundation is a hallmark of our Firm’s culture and our unwavering commitment to the welfare of the communities in which we live and work. Our nonprofit organization, fully funded by our partnership, supports a wide range of civic, cultural and charitable endeavors through grants, lawyer volunteerism, board service and more, supporting over five hundred organizations nationally each year.
Venable is seeking to hire a passionate professional to lead our Foundation’s operations. The Director will work closely with the Board of Trustees, the Firm’s partnership and Management Committee to ensure the delivery of the highest quality service to our benefactors.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for...
- Developing the Vision for how the Foundation is positioned within the community and the Firm
- Developing and maintaining the Foundation’s internal and external communications content and managing the day-to-day operations of the foundation
- Evaluating and recommending improvements to our grant process and collaborating with the Foundation’s stakeholders to ensure delivery of high-quality service
- Maintaining a keen knowledge of social, economic and developmental matters that impact the communities which the Firm serves and actively identifying potential grant recipients
- Creating budgets and actively managing spending by market, to ensure compliance and diversity of giving
- Evaluating recipient operation and fiscal effectiveness relative to meeting their stated Mission
- Coordinating the disbursement of funds and accurately maintaining supporting documentation
The successful candidate will demonstrate...
- A strong commitment to community outreach and betterment
- The ability to network and interact, as well as support effective partnerships with internal and external organizations and individuals; a strong network of not-for-profit, foundation and community leaders is highly desired
- A minimum of ten years of progressive management experience within not-for-profit or foundation entities; including managing the grant process from on-site visit assessments to the financial delivery of funds
- A proven ability to enhance strategic firm relationships, including those with clients, service providers, partners and employees
- The ability to analyze complex business problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction
- A history of managing budgets, requisite reporting, grant management and compliance
- Ability to prioritize ongoing and new projects, as well as conduct research, gather information, solve problems and make decisions
- The ability to travel to all firm offices as needed
If you have a can-do attitude and are looking to be part of a highly motivated team of individuals who are naturally ambitious and driven, we’d love to hear from you. Apply today! https://venable.recruiterbox.com/jobs/fk0jejz?source