The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Foundation, one of the largest private charitable foundations in the United States, provides approximately $125 million in annual grants to nonprofits that provide direct services to low-income and vulnerable individuals and families, primarily in the United States and Israel. Grants are focused on meeting basic needs and enabling an individual to live as independently as possible. Since 1980, the Foundation has distributed grants totaling more than $2 billion, and current assets total $2.5 billion. The Foundation administers the majority of its funding in its priority communities: Maryland, Northeastern Pennsylvania, Hawaii, Greater Chicago, New York City, San Francisco, rural communities in the United States, and Israel. These areas are hometowns representing personal ties to the life and legacy of Harry Weinberg, as well as the Foundation’s trustees.
Overview of Responsibilities:
- Assist with the management of calendars for Trustees, President & CEO, Chief of Staff, and Program Staff including but not limited to: assisting with keeping schedules up to date, as requested, in Outlook for internal/external meetings and travel
- Coordinate all meeting logistics for Trustees and various staff members in Hometown areas including, but not limited to: reservation of meeting space, video and phone conference line setup requests etc.
- Coordinate and assist with travel arrangements for Trustees & staff members including but not limited to: site visits, group meetings, lunches (internal and external), itineraries, hotel confirmations, restaurant reservations, etc. locally, nationally, and at times internationally, as requested for various staff members
- Prepare and process travel and expense related documents accurately and within scheduled deadlines (including typing, copying, paper filing, scanning for electric files, faxing, mailing, and messaging)
- Communicate with applicants, grantees and other external partners via phone, mail, and email
- Assist in preparation for presentations (i.e. assembling information materials, reserving food and drinks, rooms, coordinating calendars, sending out confirmations and reminders, etc.) except special events as specified
- Assist with any special or priority projects as requested by the Manager of Administration
- Write simple and direct prose, including correct grammar and punctuation
- Prepare various correspondences, including customized letters, emails, and memos
- Greet assist and direct guests in a timely manner
- Restock paper supply and various office supplies on second floor
- Answer phones, handle inquiries, take messages and forward calls in a friendly, professional and timely manner
- Assist with general upkeep to keep office neat and tidy
- Maintain a clean and orderly office area and help maintain cleanliness of common areas
- Work well with others to deliver work accurately and efficiently
- Demonstrate a high level of friendly and professional customer service with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to listen carefully to staff, be accessible and be approachable
- Ability to recognize the decision-making process will not always go your way and willingness to accept this reality
- Accept constructive feedback and respond by improving ones work
- Keep a sense of humor
Administrative Team Member Responsibilities:
- Attend scheduled team meetings and contribute to the discussion
- Confirm the Board/Conference Room(s) is clean and prepared for scheduled meetings
- Assist fellow administrative team members with overflow of work when necessary
Successful applicants will be required to answer questions by email, participate in multiple interviews, provide strong current references and authorize a full background check.
The Weinberg Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. It embraces workforce diversity and is firmly committed to complying with all federal, state and local equal opportunity laws. The foundation encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume including a summary of relevant work experience and a statement of particular interest in this position, along with salary range requirements, to the following email firstname.lastname@example.org. If the Foundation is interested in speaking with you, expect to be contacted within 30 days of submission. No phone calls, please. Thank you.