Donor Services Officer
The Donor Services Officer is responsible for strengthening relationships with donors and prospective donors in order to build the assets of Baltimore Community Foundation (BCF) consistent with the goals of the strategic plan and the annual development plan. Our objective is to encourage donors in their philanthropy, and promote lifetime and legacy giving to and through BCF by understanding donor needs and increasing donor awareness of the many ways BCF can help achieve their philanthropic, financial and estate planning goals. The Donor Services Officer will report to the Vice President of Philanthropy and will work closely with members of the Development and Community Investment teams in supporting donor cultivation and development activities. The position requires strong organizational, interpersonal and presentation skills; attention to detail and proficiency with technology. The Donor Services Officer must be able to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment and is expected to be out of the office calling on donors at least 25 percent of the time. The ability to multi-task, flexibility, enthusiasm and creativity are essential.
- Respond to donor needs, support donor cultivation and asset development goals by providing excellent donor service in all interactions with BCF donors, fund holders and their advisors;
- Assume a portfolio of existing fund holders for cultivation and engagement with a goal of encouraging additions to existing funds, support of BCF, its grantmaking and initiatives and the development of legacy gifts;
- Collaborate with other members of the Development team on the development and implementation of specific cultivation and solicitation strategies to secure outright gifts, establish new funds and promote legacy giving through BCF;
- Participate in new fund holder welcome meetings and deliver Fund Binders to existing fund holders. Use those meetings as opportunities to develop demographic and biographical information about BCF donors, identify Invest in Baltimore opportunities for fund holders, solicit referrals and reinforce BCF’s giving options. Report the results of such meetings to the Development team and record in FIMS/Raiser’s Edge – BCF’s donor data base;
- Help coordinate and implement BCF’s donor education and engagement strategies in collaboration with BCF’s Community Investment Department and using partnerships with Maryland Philanthropy Network and other available resources;
- Collaborate with BCF Community Investment staff to help organize manage and follow-up on selected family foundation meetings;
- Attend donor events and networking events;
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the VP of Philanthropy.
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 3 years of relevant professional experience;
- Fundraising and customer service experience a plus;
- Strong database and MS Office skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff and clientele;
- Can work independently with minimum supervision;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
Baltimore Community Foundation is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled