Director of Development
After 31 years of being based in a 1940’s Martin State Airport hangar, serving its community with indoor exhibits, outdoor flightline, education programs, archival research and special events, the Glenn L. Martin Maryland Aviation Museum is preparing for expansion with construction of a new facility and seeks an experienced, entrepreneurial candidate to fill the role of Director of Development.
- prepares, plans, directs, guides, oversees and conducts major fundraising efforts ($10K to $20M)
- researching grant opportunities, writing and submitting applications
- secures the support of, develops, and maintains relationships, arranges meetings and meets with state, local and federal government officials, potential donors, and education, military and community leaders, who can assist the Museum achieve its strategic goals.
- bringing in major donors and funding campaigns to acquire a new building site, a major $2.5M+ iconic artifact (JRM-1 Martin Mars airframe), and construction of a 100K SF venue
- establishing and maintaining record keeping systems which support the Director of Development’s area of responsibility
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- strong organizational skills
- the ability to productively support multiple priorities
- superior compelling writing, editing, and oral communications and interpersonal skills
Required of candidates:
- knowledge of fundraising strategies, principals, and techniques
- experience in governmental relationships, complex higher education or dealings with large regional, cultural organizations
- considerable initiative and seasoned judgement
- a passion for learning and exploration
- the desire to join a fast-paced operation with a sense of urgency.
- experience with current office technology including Microsoft Office Suite and iPhone
Remote vs Onsite requirement: As needed.
Job Function: Development & Fundraising Initiatives, possibly leading to Director Position.
Experience: minimum 10-years-experience in Director/Asst. Director positions with successful and significant fundraising track record.
Start Date: ASAP
Annual Contract: $45,000-$65,000, commensurate with experience
Interested candidates should submit their resumes with cover letter to Mr. Jim Hayes at firstname.lastname@example.org by April 20, 2021. Please include the position title in your e-mail subject line. Resumes should include a description of paid and non-paid work experience that is related to this Development job and should also include starting and ending dates of job.