Do you care about economic rights and equity? Do you want to work to help build a movement to create a fair and just economy in Maryland? Join our team of dynamic advocates, social workers, and housing specialists who are committed to making Maryland’s economy work for all in a fair and equitable manner.
The Maryland Consumer Rights Coalition (MCRC) advances economic rights and equity through research, advocacy, consumer education, organizing, and direct service work. MCRC works to build a multi-racial, people-centered movement to expand economic protections and community reinvestment for working families, low-income communities, and communities of color. We work statewide, as well as at the City, county, and federal level.
We have an exciting new opportunity for a passionate and energetic Development Director who can convey our mission, vision, and success to others and help us garner support so that we have the capacity to carry out our mission.
The successful candidate will spearhead MCRC’s fundraising program to unlock our substantial resource development potential over the next ﬁve years. As a key member of MCRC’s leadership team, the Development Director will also have an important role in shaping the organization’s future direction and mission advancement strategies.
The Director of Development partners with and reports to the Executive Director and works closely with the Board of Directors and other staﬀ in all development and fundraising endeavors to develop a comprehensive development plan for the organization which includes:
Major Gifts & Corporate Giving (60% of time)
- Develop a major gifts program including identiﬁcation, cultivation, and solicitation of individual major donors;
- Direct major fundraising initiatives;
- Expand our corporate giving program including identiﬁcation, cultivation, and solicitation of corporate gifts;
- Manage the annual fund program, including mailings and annual fundraising drives;
- Build individual donor and monthly sustainer programs;
- Build support for cy pres funding among consumer & civil rights lawyers.
Grant-Writing (30% of time)
- With the Executive Director, manage grant-writing for national foundations including research, cultivation, proposal, and reporting requirements;
- With program directors, manage grant-writing for federal funding opportunities related to fair housing, older adults, student work.
Events & Work with Board (10% of time)
- Coordinate fundraising for MCRC’s Annual Awards Celebration and special events;
- Work with the Board of Directors to provide support for them to meet their fundraising goals.
- At least ﬁve years of experience in professional fundraising, CFRE certiﬁcation preferred;
- Proven track record of developing successful fundraising strategies and results, particularly in major gift fundraising;
- Goal-driven “self-starter” who thrives on initiating donor visits and fundraising calls, as well as on preparing the Executive Director, Board members, and staﬀ to be fundraising ambassadors for the organization;
- Working knowledge of development best practices, trends in media and development, fundraising tools and technology (including donor databases, e-mail, and online campaigns), and donor research;
- Demonstrated strong management skills with the ability to lead and motivate staﬀ, Board members, and volunteers;
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strategic thinker who loves rolling up their sleeves to make things happen.
- Annual Salary: $70,000-85,000, commensurate with experience;
- Beneﬁts: health insurance, paid sick leave, paid vacation, paid federal holidays, retirement plan with match, some remote work, ﬂexible schedule.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line of "Development Director" to the attention of Marceline White by April 16, 2021.