Chief Financial Officer
The Baltimore Civic Fund, Inc. [formerly Baltimore City Foundation], ) is an independent non-profit is committed to enhancing the quality of life for the citizens of Baltimore city. The Civic Fund enables the Baltimore City government to raise philanthropic resources that promote many of its health and human services priorities. The Civic fund provides support and expertise to allow agency partners to work on projects and initiatives that improve outcomes for the City residents to promote public/private collaboration
We are seeking a full-time Chief Financial Officer [“CFO”]. The CFO will provide leadership in the areas of finance and human resources. The CFO assesses the organization’s performance against both the annual budget and the organization’s long-term financial plan. The CFO will develop tools and systems to provide critical financial, human resource/personnel, and operational information to the President and Board.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Financial Planning and Analysis
- Prepare and maintain regular financial planning reports including monthly revenue and expense reports versus budget for both the organization and all programmatic accounts.
- Complete analysis of financial results, convey the results to the President and Board and develop recommendations based on such analysis.
- Develop the annual budget in collaboration with the President.
Accounting, Human Resources and Administration
- Accounts payable – ensure checks are prepared for all approved requisitions upon reviewing for proper accounting codes, signatures, and appropriateness of expenditure.
- Accounts receivable – ensure all required invoicing is completed and collected. Ensure that all checks and cash received are recorded and deposited in the bank on a timely basis
- Payroll – ensure that payroll is prepared based on signed timesheet and submitted to outsourced payroll company. Oversee the distribution of checks and statements to the employees.
- Ensure proper maintenance of all human resources systems and functions which includes but it is not limited to overseeing employee personnel records, hiring procedures, workers’ and unemployment compensation claims, and health benefits.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls, financial procedures, personnel procedures, and employment law.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of financial and management reporting for government funders, foundations, and Board of Directors; oversee the preparation of annual financial statements.
- Coordinate audits and proper filing of all required state and federal forms including but not limited to 1099’s, 990, Maryland Form 1, W-2’s, lobbying reports, State Charitable Registration.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial and human resources requirements.
- Manage the bank accounts and investment by overseeing all aspects of asset management. Ensure that monthly reconciliations are done. Coordinate with the investment broker to optimize earning potential while ensuring compliance to board approved investment policies. Transfer funds among accounts to ensure adequate funds are available for organization’s cash needs.
- On an annual basis review insurance policy for adequacy of coverage as well as cost effectiveness.
- The CFO will be the teacher and translator of financial information and HR policies to other members of the executive leadership team and Board of Directors.
- The CFO along with the President will engage the Board of Directors’ Finance, Audit, and Investment Committee around issues, trends and changes in different operating / financial model(s). The CFO has the responsibility to stay abreast of industry best practices in the areas of finance, human resources, nonprofit employment laws and implement those practices on a timely basis.
This is a full-time position reporting to the President.
Please submit a resume and cover letter addressed to HyeSook Chung at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
The Baltimore Civic Fund is an equal opportunity employer and seeks individuals of all ethnic and racial backgrounds to apply to this position. If you would like to learn more about our mission, please visit our web site at www.balitmorecivicfund.org.