Joint Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee and Program Committee Meeting- (1/22/2019)
The Maryland Philanthropy Network is committed to fulfill its mission by embracing diversity and inclusion and focusing on racial equity in its governance and programs. This joint committee meeting will advise Maryland Philanthropy Network on continuing to embed issues of equity, diversity and inclusion across programming to strengthen connections between the work of these two committees.
The Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Committee (EDI) meets quarterly to infuse Maryland Philanthropy Network's values of diversity, inclusiveness and respect in our work.
More specifically, the EDI Committee:
- Learns together and supports the learning of Maryland Philanthropy Network members about issues related to diversity, racial equity, and inclusion; and
- Guides, evaluates, and shares information about Maryland Philanthropy Network’s work toward increasing diversity, racial equity and inclusion.
Please click here to read the Maryland Philanthropy Network Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Policy.
Maryland Philanthropy Network’s Program Committee is responsible for guiding Maryland Philanthropy Network staff about the educational needs of Maryland Philanthropy Network members and helping to design and implement programs to meet those needs. Specifically, the committee:
- Provides ideas and guidance about programs, including new topics, program design and format, and priorities;
- Reviews the program feedback tools and uses the information they provide in our decision-making about programming; and
- Guides Maryland Philanthropy Network practice and protocols regarding programs and events.
The Program Committee usually meets two times a year. Satonya Fair of the Annie E. Casey Foundation is the chairperson. An agenda will be sent in advance.
This meeting is for committee members only. Please contact Elisabeth if you are interested in attending.